Thanks for checking out Eastside Apostolic Church!
Whether you've attended church all your life or have never visited a church, Eastside Apostolic is an awesome place to come. We would like to invite you to visit us for one of our services. We have church services on Sundays at 3:30pm and a mid-week service on Thursday at 7:30pm. You will soon discover the diverse congregation who are passionate about spiritual growth, worshipping God in Spirit and in Truth, sharing the Love that Jesus teaches and having tons of fun while we do it!
What you can expect:
- Vibrant worship songs and music that ushers in the presence of God
- A message based on biblical truths which you can apply to your life
- Warm and welcoming people that love God, and want to share that love
Want more details?
We know it can be a little intimidating to walk into a church for the first time – We want to make it as easy as possible to get a feeling for what you will experience. First, a quick overview of how our services go.
1. Make the first step: Making the decision to attend a church service is one of the most difficult things to do - especially if you've never been to one or don't know anyone at the church. While we can't make this decision for you, we can assure you that we strive to make it a comfortable, fun and exciting experience for our visitors. We won't embarrass you, so you have nothing to fear. Wear whatever makes you comfortable. You will find some people in jeans and sneakers while others will be in suits and dress shoes. Just come as you are, and you will be sure to have a great time!
2. Find Parking and Come On In: If possible, try to arrive a few minutes early so we can greet you. If you need directions please see our directions page. Once you find a parking spot near the church, just look for the Full Gospel Christian Center signs. Our greeters will give you a warm welcome and answer any questions you may have. You can ask them to point you to the sanctuary. If you have kids, be sure to let our greeters know, so we can get them paired up with someone their own age. Restrooms are available down the hall on the rightside of the foyer.
3. Sit Back and Enjoy or Jump Up and Shout! Each service lasts about 90 minutes. The overall experience of our services can be described as Vibrant, Joyful, High-Energy, Genuine, and Passionate. Greeters will show you into the auditorium and hand you a visitors card. We would appreciate it if you could complete it an drop it in the offering. We would love to have your feedback about our services. Ushers can help you find a seat. Worship begins the service with 3-4 songs that are led by the praise team and musicians with the lyrics on the big screens so you can sing along. It is common to see dancing, clapping, shouting and people lifting Holy hands up to God. Some are so overjoyed by the presence of God that they even run in the aisles! Toward the end of our worship, we take our offering which is where you can drop your Visitor's Card. The worship team will then lead us in one more song.
4. Powerful Preaching and Talented Teaching: Once we are done worshipping, there may be a time to say “hi” to the people near you. Prayer is a precursor to all that we do, and leading up to the sermon is no different. You will notice that during prayer, many people will pray out aloud. This is because we believe that God is omnipotent (all powerful) and can hear all of our prayers at the same time. There is also power through the spoken word since God created the heavens and the earth by speaking them into existence. The pastor usually spends about 45 minutes delivering his message. Any Biblical references will be displayed on the big screens as he reads them aloud. Don't be surprised if you leave feeling like - "That was exactly what I needed today!"
5. Relax and Be Our Guest: During our services you’ll never be singled out as a visitor and you aren’t expected to participate in the offering. You can remain entirely anonymous if you like. The only thing you’ll be encouraged to do is fill out a Visitor Card so we know you came to visit. If you like, we encourage you to remain for a bit after service so we can get to know you. If you took the time to complete a Visitor Card we’ll have a small gift dropped off for you too! When you feel up to it, you can take the next step by joining a small group that meets during the week, or learn about what it takes to become a member of our congregation. So come visit us at Eastside Apostolic this weekend! You'll be glad you did!
Still have questions? We’ll happy to answer – just give Eastside Apostolic a call at (425) 677-5951